[jaws-uk] Re: Skype scripts and Jaws 14.

  • From: "Mister CANE" <mujtabam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:46:31 +0530

Hi there!

Skype has moved on to version 6 and now has been acquired by Microsoft. The
last version that used to work great with the scripts was version 5.8.

Even if you uninstalled the version you are using now and downgraded to
Skype 5.8, you will be prompted for the update. I haven't figured out how to
disable this update notification. But your scripts should work absolutely
fine with skype Version 5.8, supported with the Skype Talking scripts.

Below are some resources where you can get the Skype Talking cscripts and
version 5.8 version of Skype, use the same scripts.

Skype 5.8: http://www.oldversion.com/windows/skype-5-8-0-158

Skype Talking Scripts: https://code.google.com/p/skypetalking/

Mujtaba Merchant
Bangalore, India
"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going." ~ Jim
Rohn