[jaws-uk] Skype and Jaws

  • From: "R. Portal" <robertmartin.portal@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:44:35 +0200

Tom,

Even though you just want it for phone calls have a look at
http://www.panix.com/~ccn/projects/jfw/skype.php#hints
This explains the release of Skype that the "stable" scripts work with.
I must say that I don't find it particularly hard to use without scripts
(I have installed the latest version released in June because it seems
to cure a problem with echoes).
Note that to use the phone you will need to use SkypeOut and pay an
advance (it's €10 for me- I don't know if UK customers can pay in
pounds).  All the details can be found on the Skype webpage.

I find it excellent both for international calls and using from computer
to computer (free).  I'm not very skilled technically so if I can use it
most people will be able to.

Best wishes

Robert