[jaws-uk] Routers

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 17:12:25 -0000

Dear List,
I did have a lot of trouble  with an epic router also called Eddimax, and
the technical man at Zen advised  me to  get a Netgear DG834G I got a local
engineer to order it and put it on  it was also I am told given good marks
by Which consumer Association.
I heard on Radio 4 yesterday I think at lunch time that a couple who had a
Wireless connection had been fined it seems in the night whilst they were
sleeping, through their Wireless a  near  do well was downloading material
that was unlawful.
the  couple protested they  knew nothing about it but were told a good deal
of blame lay at their door  since they  should have used their wireless
Router more carefully.  I did not set mine up myself so I hope the  local
Engineer did a good job, I am not sure of the difference between WEP and
WPa.

Thanks
dorothy