[jaws-uk] Re: Removing Windows Messenger

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 07:50:22 +0100

Hi Tiddy,

My Windows messenger runs in the system tray and, for the most part, doesn't
bother me.

On the tools menu, ensure that the "always on top" item is not checked.  If
it is, you just press enter on it and that will uncheck it.

Also on the tools menu, choose options and control+tab until you come to the
preferences tab.  Here you can uncheck the box to stop the messenger from
starting when windows starts and check the next box to cause messenger to
run in the background when it does run.

I hope this helps,

Phil Medway.