[jaws-uk] Re: Re-booting computer

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:09:22 +0100

If you really are using a Jaws 5.0 it may be an idea to download and use a
5.10 from www.freedomscientific.com.  You could be right about the video
chaining, although I haven't heard anybody before commenting that this has
cuased issues with projectors being hooked up.  However DCM and video
adaptors that have multiple heads (or display controllers) can causse
problems sometimes, though 5.10 ought to be better able to deal with this
situation.

It may be possible to disable the second instance of the video controller.
I would presume like most laptops there is an Fn keystroke that will disable
the laptop display and pipe info through the VGA port instead once you have
done that.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology