[jaws-uk] Re: Putting markers in a long txt document

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:44:12 -0000

Yes, it's just a matter of preference.  This would also work but you'd still
have to go through the whole document searching for the chapter and section
start points.

Another option might be to go back to the Oxford University Press and
request that they supply a Word document from the PDF document.  They might
be able/willing to do it in a way that retains heading information which
might save a lot of work.

Personally I like using Word heading styles as it then gives the document a
proper structure that can be used in other ways e.g. exporting to a DAISY
file using Dolphin Producer etc.

Jamie