[jaws-uk] Problems with Jaws 7 and IE6

  • From: Caroline Ford <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:34:30 +0000

Hello,

I am using Jaws 7.00.135U on two machines, one running Windows 2000
and the other Windows XP Home.  Both machines have IE6 installed.

I have noticed that it is necessary to refresh the screen in my
browser far more with Jaws 7 than with any previous version of
Jaws.  If I open a new page, Jaws frequently doesn't read the
content of the page until I either refresh the screen, go into and
then out of the Jaws cursor, or alt+tab away from the browser and
back again.

I have also noticed that, if a dialog comes up on the screen within
the browser while using Jaws 7, Jaws will not read it, and in fact
the whole machine seems to freeze until I press alt+F4 to get rid of
the dialog.  If I go into the Jaws cursor and click on the link
which brings up the dialog, I am able to read the contents of the
dialog while still in the Jaws cursor and act upon it.

Has anyone experienced problems like these in Jaws 7, and if so,
have you found a way around them?  I have reverted to Jaws 6.2 for
the time being, which works so much better.

Thanks,

Caroline.