[jaws-uk] Re: Problem with Jaws 7.10

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 11:46:33 +0100

I think the problem is mostly to do with the merge itself, sometimes you can
get a dodgey one now and again.  However it could also be that the installation
itself is not sound.
Try this and see if you get back the alt+tab operation, then we should know
what way to go forward.

1    Open start menu and go to "run" and press enter on it.
2    Type;
jaws710 /default
3    Press enter, you will get the Jaws window popping up, this means the
command line is valid.
4    Press insert+F4 and then enter, this removes Jaws so you have no speech.
5    Hold down windows key+R and then press enter.  This should start Jaws
again with it's default settings, ie. pre merged state.

Test the alt+tab and see if that works.  If it does then it is the merge that
is faulty and you could retry it.  Let us know then I can give you steps to
properly revert Jaws back to standard settings so you can re-do the merge,
don't try the merge as it is because it won't work.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support