[jaws-uk] Problem with Date and Time picker and Jaws

  • From: Dimitrios Zlitidis <dzlitidis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 20:09:30 +0100

Hi all!
I am developing an accessible application in .NET with C#. The user has to
choose date and time to add entries to Google Calendar. For this puprose, I
am using a control called DatePicker. The user focuses on this control and
he/she can change the date and time with two ways: 1) with the arrow keys
(up for a grater date and time and down arrow key for a smaller date and
time) or 2) directly writing the desired date and time.
So, for example, we have 10/6/2011. First the focus is on 10. JAWS reads
'10'. When I press the up arrow key to go to 11, it doesn't read 11. JAWS is
reading whenever it wants. Then I press the right arrow key and Jaws reads
'6'. Then again when I press the up or down arrow key JAWS cannot read at
all times.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,