[jaws-uk] Problem with AVG download page

  • From: "David" <david.tregellas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk@Freelists. Org" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 05:34:31 +0100

Hi list,

I'm using Windows XP, SP2 and Jaws 8.0 fully updated.  Yesterday I went to
the download page to find the free version of AVG Antivirus.  The website is

www.free.grisoft.com
then went to the Downloads link.

When cursoring around the relevant links Jaws crashed and the computer went
into a whirring spin.  I suppose I worried a bit, could not get Jaws back
and couldn't stop the computer activity:  when all else fails just hold the
off switch in which is what I did.  I tried again later the same day and
exactly the same thing happened.

Sent a message to the blind-computing list and Richard, the Moderator I
think, wrote back and said he tested it and experienced exactly the same
problem.

As a result of a comment he made I tried with another version of Jaws, 7.1,
and it worked fine.  Richard also mentioned that he used the Jaws dump
keystroke which avoided the shutdown.  Could somebody remind me what it is
before I start ploughing through all the help files.

Perhaps somebody would check it out and find out what all the computer
activity was all about.

I was only trying to help somebody locate it:  just typical.  Incidentally,
I also received three responses from the other list telling me where it
could be downloaded so I forwarded these on.

TIA.

David

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
15:10