[jaws-uk] Phil Medway wireless protection

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 16:12:04 +0100

dear Phil I think I shall file this  post of yours away and read it  until
I understand it.  When I lost my 'phone line and Pc connections it meant I
had to call in a computer man since the Broadband connection and laptop
which  is relying on my wireless Router  was also not connecting. I did all
the usual things unplugging and waiting but it was no good Had to call in
computer man, now Bt  often let me down and it costs a lot to get in a
Computer engineer to reset the Wireless card and  Router. Now he had a job
as I couldn't give him a WEP number  I showed him  the CD with Edimac Router
on it and it had letters on it the last being letter G. In the end Zen told
him what to do to find WEP number  this was very long. Is there a secret
hiding place where my WEP is stored?

Also re  Hexadecimals I thought they stood for colours? for example instead
of saying Red it has a code number called a Hexadecimal? finally I have a
cousin in Hertfordshire who has 2 phones lines.  this with BT. 1 is for
phoning  people, the other is for his computer. he says he has then a clear
pathway straight to the Telephone Centre which  he can see from his garden.

Isn't this overdoing it a bit? He doesn't run a business just himself and 2
sons. Who on earth would want to pay BT for 2 lines as if 1 was not enough.
My phone bill arrived today and   if I had to pay for 2 line rentals  I
should be not happy.
Sorry for  not quite understanding but I am trying
Thank you Phil, wonder if you have problems with Bt?

Dorothy