[jaws-uk] Re: Phil Med or anyone around

  • From: "Phil Medway" <philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 10:49:09 +0100

Hi again Dorothy,

Most likely you have a username registered with FreeServe and probably a
password associated with it.  This gives you access to the features in
FreeServe.  It is sometimes called an account.

Within this set of features you may have one or more E-mail accounts which
you or someone on your behalf sets up and which you use to send and receive
mail.  I suspect that you just have the one, the address for  which is:
dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the properties for this E-mail account in outlook express, we are given
the opportunity of using a title for the E-mail account which is a little
more concise than the full address but this is only for our own reference
within outlook express.  It doesn't effect the real address known by the
rest of the world.

The matter of copying and pasting information in to a document to read while
executing the instructions in another window can be very useful.  it would
be worth your while to practise this method a bit first, though, before
undertaking anything too important.  You have, of course, to switch between
the two windows using alt+tab.

When I do eventually get round to giving you the full instructions for
setting up a filter for moving E-mails in to sub-folders automatically, I
shall use a similar method, running through the setup process a step at a
time, switching to a document, writing the instruction for that step and
doing this for each step until it is complete.

HTH,

Phil Medway

philmedway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

tel: 01869 347639