[jaws-uk] Outlook Express question

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:42:30 -0000

Hi,

Something odd that's bugging me in Outlook Express, wondered if anyone can
shed any light on it.  Not sure whether this happens to everyone.  It
doesn't cause any huge problems but am curious to know why this happens...

In my Outlook Express when I first go in I'm on the message list; if  I
press tab I land on the address book list with my contacts; then if I press
tab again I land on what JAWS calls "folder list tree view".  When on this
folder list tree view though, JAWS actually reads the name of a contact of
mine when I first land on it; if I cursor up/down JAWS doesn't say anything
but this makes OE go into one of the other folders so presumably this is the
list of folders.  But in the view/layout options I have everything except
contacts and status bar unchecked - so the folder bar and folder list are
unchecked.

So I have 2 questions:

1.  Why does JAWS read the name of a contact when I land on what must be a
list of folders, and why does it say nothing when I cursor up/down that
list?

2.  How come a list of folders is showing when everything except status bar
and contacts are set not to show in view/layout?

Thanks,
Catherine
**
Skype:  darkitude