[jaws-uk] Outlook 2007 Calendar in Active Appointment view

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:34:25 +0100

Hi all,

A small but none-the-less irritating issue with Outlook 2007 Calendar, using
Jaws 12 and Windows XP.

I like to use my calendar in Active Appointment view normally.  Everything
was normal until I recently upgraded to Office 2007.

Most things have overwritten the old Outlook 2003 settings OK and seem to be
working as before.

However, when I use my Up or Down Arrow keys to move through the list of
calendar appointments, instead of reading out the columns in the order they
appear on the screen, Jaws has decided to read out the subject first and
then the start date and duration!

The order of the columns on screen is definitely "Start", "Duration",
"Subject" and "Location" as I've asked someone sighted to check this for me.
I really like to have the date spoken first so I can quickly find the date
I'm looking for rather than listen to the content of an appointment before
hearing the date.

Does anyone know of any reason for why Jaws is behaving in this way - I
would have thought that logically it would just try to read across the rows
as they appear on screen but apparently not.

It was fine in Office 2003 with exactly the same set up in Outlook in terms
of the columns but has gone wonky since upgrading to Outlook 2007.

Any ideas tgratefully received.

Jamie