[jaws-uk] Multiple Email Addresses.

  • From: "Mark Best" <mark.best5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS UK" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:43:04 +0100

Greetings,

Can I ask that when people need to send to multiple email addresses, they put
these email addresses in a bcc field.
This means blind carbon copy.
By doing this, us as readers won't have to go through needless other email
addresses before eventually reaching the meaningful text.  Plus other people's
email addresses are not revealed, thus making their addresses secure and
private.
If you were sending things in the post, you wouldn't want to see your address
displayed for other recipients, and you wouldn't want other recipients to know
who else has received your post.
It's the same in emailing.

To set this up, create a new email in the normal way, usually by pressing
control with n.
Follow this by pressing alt and b together.
To check that blind carbon copy is on, simply tab until you hear bcc.
Then at this point, you are free to type in multiple email addresses, ensuring
that each email address, [or part of an email address, if that is how you are
set up,] is ended by a semi colon.

Sorry folks, if I'm preaching to the converted.
Most on here know and observe email etiquette.
Hopefully after this, we all will be able to do this.

Warm regards,

Mark Best

You can also reach me at Skype Utter-Nutter.