[jaws-uk] Making a specific folder.

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 20:40:04 +0100

 well I thought I had done it  but sadly not. Andrew will send a screen shot
to  sighted friend to show him what it should look like I sat here until 2
am just trying. Today I went to look at laptop and although all loaded up on
screen not a squeak out of it. It is no good trying Narrator either  all
sound has vanished. It is that darned System tray  and I think it is muted
again. Unless you have a sighted person around you are  lost if this
happens. Phil Medway once  gave a lot of detail  on this Soundmax Control
business but when all sound is gone it really is  a no hope job. Tomorrow I
have workmen descending upon me and it will be chaos dirt drilling and  just
awful Work that should have been done was delayed. I am going to bribe a
workman to try and raise Sound, leave them to it and take the laptop  down
the garden it works fine in a small summerhouse I shall be  well out of it
all unless of course they  cut through the electric cables. On second
thoughts best turn all off and put dust sheets around. Truly I have been up
all night . Incidentally I read Tristram's post and have to hand it to him
he knows his onions  and sets out a good case very well.  I am sure in India
they are way ahead they had a  thriving film-making business and I would not
be surprised if in the field of technology they are way ahead.  Dorothy.