[jaws-uk] Re: MS anti spyware

  • From: "Martin" <martmaid@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:16:03 +0100

Thank you very very much. This worked.

Cheers
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chipmunks" <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2005 8:51 PM
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: MS anti spyware

hi,

I have used Microsoft Antispyware since the end of last year, I think. It ttakes some jaws cursoring to configure the options but afterwards it is not too difficult to use if you know how to use your jaws cursor to click the buttons that for some reason announce themselves as "dialog" to jaws.

The only tricky part is to start a scan as the graphic to do so is not visitble to jaws in the applications main menu.

To start a scan do the following:

1. minimize MS Antispyware to the system tray with alt+f4

2. do your insert + f11 to bring up the system tray and enter on the icon for ms Antispyware.

3. from its systray icon, choose the option to ran an antispyware scan

This starts the scan and pops open the MS Antispyware window. You can monitor the scan's progress with your jaws cursor.

Wehn the scan is done, you will need to use the jaws cursor to make your selections andclick buttons but I find this workable and ms antispyware is pretty throrough - though i also use adaware and spybot in addition.

Good luck and i hope this helps some.

Doris
At 03:30 PM 10/6/2005 +0100, you wrote:
Hi All

As anybody tried using the Microsoft beta release of their anti spyware program?

I find it virtually impossible to access via Jaws.

It took me several attempts to install it using the Jaws virtual cursor and now I have installed it the drop down menus do not work with the ALT key.
I manage to find the scan bit but cannot move on from there.

Any advice please.

Cheers
Martin