[jaws-uk] Jaws reading American Postal codes etc

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 22:32:24 +0100

Dear List,
I have gone back to Jaws everyday American speech in spite of the choice in Jaws 8 and Kurzweil11. I find Jaws will read in other peoples Emails NY as New York and AU as Australian dollar. JFW does not do this when I type it but reads other emails and Print in a manner most likely useful to an American .

My OCR does same TN is Tennessee JW Jehovah's Witness. It would take far to long to amend the dictionary for all these irritating things. If just the letters were read as letters and not a guess that is not helpful in Uk, is there an easy way to do this? I am not keen on Jaws speaking in British English. In any case it would most likely still do the same.. Dorothy.