[jaws-uk] Jaws not reading the status line in certain programs

  • From: "Keith" <k.clyde@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Group \(Jaws Send Message\)" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:17:53 -0000

Hello all,

Office 2010,
Jaws 14
XP Home

I wonder if anyone can help, please?

At the moment I can't get Jaws to read the status line in either Outlook or
Word.

It read the status line in Notepad perfectly.

This isn't a Jaws 14 issue, as it is not reading the status line using Jaws
13.

My wife tells me that in Notepad, the information on the status line is to
the right, in Word it is more to the left, and in Outlook, it is to the far
left.

Having said this, I've no idea if the positioning of the information has any
relevance.

Until a week ago, Jaws correctly read the status line in all three programs.

Does anyone please know what I may have done to cause this change, and what
I might do to get Jaws to read the status line correctly in all three
programs.

Thank you.

With best wishes,

Keith