[jaws-uk] Jaws and banking

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 22:24:07 +0100

Well I am taking a chance here but as you are I guess all glued to tennis
and July 4th mean our  cousins across the Pond are holidaying. I  am going
to mention we all know doing banking on line can be hard and offline for that
matter. Today I had a letter from the Manager of a large Bank telling me
they have put in training now and all their staff have been acquainted with
section 36 of the Data Protection act heading Domestic I have not put it to
the test yet. The bank in question owns a good many banks as it happens I
will not name the specific Bank unless anyone wants it, but the owners are
City  Bank same as city Group,so you are safe now I hope from ever having a
plugpulled on you when you are recording them at Home, You can tell them if you wish or just record and not say, and even if you are not VIP it applies,sorry
if it seems incidental to Jaws, but in spite of JFW you will have had to
resort to the phone in a spot.  In my opinion that exemption to the Data
Protection act is of value,sorry for those about to shout "not Jaws specific
Dorothy