[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws Resolution v. 9

  • From: TIDDYogg <oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:07:04 +0000

What your resolution is set to won't change if you change versions of Jaws. That's a setting in Control Panel. Whether a new version of Jaws works with your old settings is, of course, debatable, but I can't see you'd have any trouble Dorothy. Just leave well enough alone. Of course, I've seen no convincing reason to change to Ver 8, let alone 9, most of which "improvements" relate to Vista.

Dorothy Ingram-Gorban wrote:
Thank you David but that setting does not sound familiar I thought there
were  2 settings  something  like 1024    820 32 Bit.     I  have  made a
wild guess at that   but  the 32 Bt  is right.  I was sent  about  6 or 7
possible drivers  by  Lunar support  back in July  I gathered all the
information by going into Run Dialogue and doing what I was told that gathered up all the information about my computer I then gave it a text
file  extension  and sent  it off. Needless to say  I had not  done this
before   but one kind  Jaws User  helped me off list. the  selection  of
drivers came from a Website  which  and I am trying to remember  had the
word NVIDIA in it and Tweaks that was supposed to give the right driver based on the info gathered as mentioned above. a friend came down that day and poor man had about 6 or more Drivers flung at him. In the end
Support  cleared off leaving me with no sound.

That was scary . Friend phoned a Pal in London who talked him through doing a system restore. When we heard Narrator click in we were so relieved .
thus you see  I am reluctant  to  tinker.

That system Restore feature  has been a life

 Not sure  how long it has been around  but expect you all know about it

Sorry   please forgive.

avg   upset the flow.

Dorothy  twice.