[jaws-uk] JAWS keystroke Suggestion

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 23:02:40 +0100

Ok, here's my thought.
When on a Save dialog box, wouldn't be good if one can press Alt 1 for JAWS to
read the (Save in) field, Alt 2 to read the (Folder view list view) field, Alt
3 to read the (File name) field and Alt 4 for the (Save as) field? And even
better, Alt plus any of these numbers pressed twice quickly sends the cursor to
the corresponding field too? Well, just like how JAWS handles the (From, To,
Subject fields etc) in an OE message. I think this way is a lot easier and
quicker than tapping and shift tapping up and down the Save dialog boxes. Well,
certainly for me it is.

What do people think? Has anyone written any scripts to do this please? And if
you think that is a good idea, where can I submit this suggestion to the JAWS
developers please? Or maybe someone would volunteer to present it to the JAWS
guys more eloquently than I would do?

Hope to here from you soon,
Amro