[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS SPEAKING IN GERMAN WHILE THE BRAILLE DISPLAY SHOWS TEXT IN ENGLISH

  • From: "Griffiths, Steve" <Steve.Griffiths@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 11:04:29 +0100

Kevin,

I don't think you included the link to the page, but I'll take a guess
at what is happening anyway. The speech in JAWS can detect the language
in which a page is coded and automatically switch to the appropriate
language if Eloquence has a synthesiser for it. There is no such
facility for a Braille display.

To stop the speech switching, while in Internet Explorer press Insert +
6 to start the configuration manager, then Alt + S to open the Set
Options menu, T to open the Text processing dialogue and Tab to the
Detect Language checkbox. By default this is checked, so press SpaceBar
to uncheck it, then OK out of the dialogue and close the configuration
manager, saving the change.

Steve