[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS 8.0.2173 Update

  • From: "Steve Spamer" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 21:22:22 +0100

MessageHi Tristram.  Well, I've now got this sorted thanks to Sight and Sound
and William Burton inparticular.  I must say though, the waters are very muddy
when it comes to this subject.  I couldn't authorise JFW via Vista as it said I
had an old authorisation key... I had to purchase an upgrade or an SMA.  So, in
theory, this is not meant to be a free upgrade for users of Vista unless you
have an SMA in place and that you bought it before the 1st of Feb this year.
If your SMA has run out at the current version (8.0) and you haven't bought
another one yet....then you'll find JFW will not install on Vista!

I think FS are realising that this is grossly misguided for the customers who's
SMA's have ran out, so I guess they're bending a bit, but it's certainly got me
thinking about what I'm going to do next regarding my SMA.  I'm wondering what
other tricks they have up their sleeves in the future...luckily, I've wriggled
out of this one, I might not be so lucky next time!  Cheers Steve.
Please visit www.crustysocks.com for fun, entertainment, ringtones, quiz's,
jokes  and much much more!