[jaws-uk] Re: JAWS 8.0 and NVIDIA 9800 GX2 Video Driver

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Brian Lingard" <b.lingard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 22:00:57 +0100

Ottawa Canada

Hi list:

Ran into a strange problem today.  JAWS 8 was installed on my
tower PC with NVIDIA 9800 GX2 video card and wanted us to install
its video intercept.

Well it tried to install the intercept and rebooted the system
but did something whereby we had to press the tab key a couple of
times when the boot stalled to make it continue.  The tech said
we were viewing the Post messages.

Then when we went to change the video resolution, we found we
received a message that the present video driver was written for
a previous version of Windows and is no longer compatible.
Windows was started with the default VGA driver.

After several rounds of this and finding the JAWS video intercept
wasn't installed and downloading supposedly the correct video
driver for the video card, the tech and I decided to call it a
day until the dealer for the PC can remedy the video driver
problem.

Freedom Scientific Tech Support said to try uninstalling JAWS
which didn't fix the boot sequence stalling problem.

Anyone else ever ran into this problem?

Take care and have a great weekend.

Brian
Brian K. Lingard