[jaws-uk] Interesting find with Invisible cursor

  • From: "Graham smith" <graham.smith577@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws Group" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:06:18 -0000

Hi

Just wondered if anyone was aware of this.

I use a Government based program at work with Jaws which has been scripted.
Although it works resonably well and I am managing to use it with Jaws it
can be a bit difficult finding links etc.

I have been experimiting with the Invisible cursor to navigate the page
using the invisible cursor and have found that if I find the link on a page
which is not announced as a link by jaws and then press Insert plus on the
num pad to move PC to Invisible cursor it automatically opens the link and
opens the page.

Strikes me as abit odd as the conventional activating key stroke of pressing
return or left mouse clicking is not being used.

I have just tried it on my PC at home on various web sites and it appears to
work.  Thought this might be of interest to people having difficulties with
some sites.

I am still not clear about all this and may be you are all aware of it and
use it all the time.

Be interested to hear anybody's thoughts on this.

Graham