[jaws-uk] Headers/footers in Word question

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:04:42 +0100

Hello,

I've got a document which says on the top line, according to JAWS "page 1 of 2". This is a 3 page document. JAWS is reading this "page 1 of 2" as if it is part of the main text; I can arrow along it and when I do so JAWS says "page page field of 2". But when I read it using say all it says page 1 of 2. If I go into the header/footer pane there seems to be a header at the top of page 1 saying page 1 of 2, and both other headers say page 2 of 2.

I think this document was originally produced for me by someone else and since then I've added to it. I do remember at some point inserting a header and telling Word to say "page x of x" in that header. But I'm confused now as to what is really written there and whether it's been typed in manually or inserted as a page x of x header. So I'd like to just start again, delete any headers or manual text referring to the page number and insert a header automatically saying page x of x. How can I make sure I delete the headers? Since I'm not totally sure how this was done I want to make sure I delete any manually typed text and any headers.

Catherine