[jaws-uk] Fw: Mrs. Thompson

  • From: "dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <User@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:14:42 -0000

    an example of  the  greater symbols, how can I remove then?  hankies out.
Dorothy.
  From: linda.hall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: dudmax@xxxxxxx
  Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:12:02 +0000

  ----- Forwarded by Linda Hall/ARS/UK/AON on 10/03/2006 14:11 -----

  "Ron Moore"

  ca> cc:
  09/03/2006 18:31

  >> > Better grab the kleenex ......

  >> > Subject: FW: Mrs. T hompson
  >> >

  >> > This is heartwarming.
  >> >

  >> > A Wonderful Story
  >> > As she stood in front of her 5th grade class on
  the
  >> >very first day of school, she told the children an untruth. Like most
  >> >teachers, she looked at her students and said that she loved them all
  >> >the
  >> >same. However, that was impossible, because there in the front row,
  > slumped
  >> >in his seat, was a little boy named Teddy Stoddard.
  >> >
  >> > Mrs. Thompson had watched Teddy the year before
  and
> [...]
  >> >
  >> > At the school where Mrs. Thompson taught, she was
  >> >required to review each child's past records and she put Teddy's off
  > until
  >> >last. However, when she reviewed his file, she was in for a surprise.
  >> >
  >> > Teddy's first grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is a
  > bright
  >> >child with a ready laugh. He does his work neatly and has good
  >> >manners...
  >> >he is a joy to be around.."
  >> >
  >> > His second grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is an
  > excellent
  >> >student, well liked by his classmates, but he is troubled because his
  >> >mother has a terminal illness and life at home must be a struggle."
  >> >
  >> > His third grade teacher wrote, "His mother's death
  > has
  >> >been hard on him. He tries to do his best, but his father doesn't show
  > much
  >> >interest, and his home life will soon affect him if some steps aren't
  >> >taken."
  >> >
  >> > Teddy's fourth grade teacher wrote, "Teddy is
  >> >withdrawn and doesn't show much interest in school. He doesn't have
  many
  >> >friends and he sometimes sleeps in class."
  >> >
  >> > By now, Mrs. Thompson realized the problem and she
  > was
  >> >ashamed of herself. She felt even worse when her students brought her
  >> >Christmas presents, wrapped in beautiful ribbons and bright paper,
  >> >except
  >> >for Teddy's. His present was clumsily wrapped in the heavy, brown paper
  >> >that he got from a grocery bag. Mrs. Thompson took pains to open it in
  > the
  >> >middle of the other presents. Some of the children started to laugh
  when
  >> >she found a rhinestone bracelet with some of the stones missing, and a
  >> >bottle that was one-quarter full of perfume. But she stifled the
  > children's
  >> >laughter when she exclaimed how pretty the bracelet was, putting it on,
  > and
  >> >dabbing some of the perfume on her wrist. Teddy Stoddard stayed after
  >> >school that day just long enough to say, "Mrs. Thompson, today you
  > smelled
  >> >just like my Mom used to."
  >> >
  >> > ! After the children left, she cried for at least
  >> > an
  >> >hour. On that very day, she quit teaching reading, writing and
  > arithmetic.
  >> >Instead, she began to teach children. Mrs. Thompson paid particular
  >> >attention to Teddy. As she worked with him, his min d seemed to come
  > alive.
  >> >The more she encouraged him, the faster he responded. By the end of the
  >> >year, Teddy had become one of the smartest children in the class and,
  >> >despite her lie that she would love all the children the same, Teddy
  > became
  >> >one of her "teacher's pets.."
  >> >
  >> > A year later, she found a note under her door,
  from
  >> >Teddy, telling her that she was the best teacher he ever had in his
  >> >whole
  >> >life.
  >> >
  >> > Six years went by before she got another note from
  >> >Teddy. He then wrote that he had finished high school, third in his
  > class,
  >> >and she was still the best teacher he ever had in life.
  >> >
  >> > Four years after that, she got another letter,
  > saying
  >> >that while things had been tough at ti mes, he'd stayed in school, had
  > stuck
  >> >with it, and would soon graduate from college with the highest of
  >> >honors.
  >> >He assured Mrs. Thompson that she was still the best and favorite
  >> >teacher
  >> >he had ever had in his whole life.
  >> >
  >> > Then four more years passed and yet another letter
  >> >came. This time he explained that after he got his bachelor's degree,
  he
  >> >decided to go a little further. The letter explained that she was still
  > the
  >> >best and favorite teacher he ever had. But now his name was a little
  >> >longer.... The letter was signed, Theodore F. Stoddard, MD.
  >> >
  >> > The story does not end there. You see, there was
  >> > yet
  >> >another letter that spring. Teddy said he had met this girl and was
  >> >going
  >> >to be married. He explained that his father had died a couple of years
  > ago
  >> >and he was wondering if Mrs. Thompson might agree to sit at the wedding
  > in
  >> >the place that was usually reserved for the mother of the groom. Of
  > course,
  >> >Mrs. Thompson did. And guess what? She wore that bracelet, the one with
  >> >several rhinestones missing. Moreover, she made sure she was wearing
  the
  >> >perfume that Teddy remembered his mother wearing on their last
  Christmas
  >> >together.
  >> > They hugged each other and Dr. Stoddard whispered
  >> > in
  >> >Mrs. Thompson's ear: "Thank you for believing in me. Thank you so much
  > for
  >> >making me feel important and showing me that I could make a
  difference."

  >> > Mrs. Thompson, with tears in her eyes, whispered
  >> >back .. She said, "Teddy, you have it all wrong. You were the one who
  > taught
  >> >me that I could make a difference. I didn't know how to teach until I
  >> >met
  >> >you."
  >> >
  >> > (For you that don't know, Teddy Stoddard is the
  Dr.
  > at
  >> >Iowa Methodist in Des Moines that has the Stoddard Cancer Wing.)
  >> >
  >> > Warm someone's heart today. . pass this along. I
  > love
  >> >this story so very much,I cry every time I read it.Just try to make a
  >> >difference in someone's life today? tomorrow? just "do it".
  >> >
  >> > Random acts of kindness, I think they call it!
  >> >
  >> > "Believe in Angels, then return the favor"

  >> >------------------------- -----------------------------------

  Disclosure of Material Facts
  Every Proposer or Insured / Reinsured when seeking new insurance /
reinsurance
  or renewing an existing Policy must disclose any information which might
  influence the Insurer / Reinsurer in deciding whether or not to accept the
risk,
  what the terms should be, or what premiums to charge. Failure to do so may
  render the insurance / reinsurance voidable from inception and enable the
  Insurer / Reinsurer to repudiate liability.
  This email, together with any attachments, is for the exclusive and
confidential
  use of the addressee(s) and may contain legally privileged information. Any
  other distribution, use or reproduction without the sender's prior consent is
  unauthorised and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
  error, please notify the sender by email immediately and delete the message
from
  your computer without making any copies. While attachments are virus checked,
  the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
  viruses. We accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted
  by this email.
  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as
  incomplete, or contain viruses.

  Aon Limited
  Registered Office: 8 Devonshire Square, London EC2M 4PL
  Registered in London No. 210725 . VAT Registration No. 480 8401 48

  Aon Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Serv ices Authority
in
  respect of insurance mediation activities only.