[jaws-uk] Re: Friends reunited

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:23:52 +0100

All,

I agree that FR is a pretty cumbersome web site for screen reader users.

Lately they have been pushing chat groups, and it is necessary to find an
untagged link just before this all starts to progress past the groups in to the
more useful parts of the site - I stumbled on this by accident after a lot of
poking about.  I'm afraid I cannot remember what sort of code this link
displayed, and now I am through, it seems to have lost the chat groups - some
small success then!

I reported the poor quality of the site to FR through the contact section
several times, but they do not even acknowledge my messages, which I have found
quite frustrating.  I have even contemplated reporting them to Equality and
Human Rights Commission for both poor accessibility, though not impossible, and
for offensive treatment of disabled people.  Would be interested in other
people's experiences, and feedback they may, or may not, have received from FR.

Feel free to contact me off list if this is straying beyond the remit of the
user group.

All the best,

Ken