[jaws-uk] Re: For JAWS 12 users

  • From: "David" <david.tregellas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:53:30 +0100

This happened to me too.

David
From: "John Burling" <j.burling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2010 8:25 AM
To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: For JAWS 12 users

Hi. There appears to be a problem with at least some versions of this update, as follows.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. In the list of updates, the new version is described as build 492. This installed fine, but when I rebooted, the "updates available" dialog was displayed again. On checking the build number of my installed version, it was 491, not 492, which probably explains why the "check for updates" app thinks there's still an update to install.

That was my home system. I'm in work this morning, where my system is Windows XP Professional 32-bit, so it'll be interesting to see if the same problem occurs.

Cheers.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "chris hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>