[jaws-uk] Re: Find function

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 20:30:16 -0000

Justine,

This is normal behaviour for Word.  What you've got to realise though before
it makes sense, is that the Control+Page Up or Page Down is defaulted to
search for the next or previous page.  When you do a search this then
defaults to whatever your last search was, just as when you go back into the
normal find box, the previous search in the current session will appear
automatically.

The way to get round this is to use the GoTo function (Control+G rather than
Control+F.  By then selecting the "Page" option and a valid page number, it
should then revert back to searching for next and previous page when you use
the Control+Page Up and Page Down commands.

I hope this makes sense - it should sort your problem.

Regards,

Jamie

*****Help support blinded ex-servicemen and women by visiting my Just Giving
page at: