[jaws-uk] Faulty ILM prompt?

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:06:34 -0000

Hi all,

JFW 6.2 and XP.

I am getting more and more, a pop up window on boot up prompting me to
go online and register jaws. This was done yonks ago, and for a while,
just a simple re boot got rid of this and the machine fired up with jfw
running fine. It's now getting to a stage of several re boots before
this ILM window goes away.

I have not inserted the ILM CD as I have all 3 licences active, and
didn't want to screw the thing up and end up with demo mode for ever!

I seem to remember a thread on this some while back, but as usual,
didn't take in any solution. Was there one? I can now install version 7
on this rogue machine, so was there maybe a fix in this latest issue?

Cheers, Robin.

PS: Joan, just open your Jaws 7 window, select utilities menu, merge
utility, and select 6.2 in the combo box and tab to the ok button. This
merges all your settings across.

Kind regards,

Robin Clayden, Switchboard.
Edinburgh College of Art.