[jaws-uk] Dr Waddington Defrag and clean up

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:23:12 +0100

 I am glad you had no problems  however I note that George has mentioned  using
 a Utility I have never heard of and says something about " hopefully someone
will tell you about a URL. I fear I do not know what he means? Do you.  As I
said most likely it was nothing I did but Andrew is  rather bright and even one
of the Viglen men as my computer was under warranty,  explained to me about
Indexes and said he rarely did it himself. This was the  last of three
Engineers who all made a mess. First one put  instead of Home back on my  XP
Home  Professional, maybe some one will recall a bit of this. I could not
register Jaws. I then updated  from Jaws 4.5.1 to 7 I still couldn't Register
Jaws. This is when Tony Berry a RNIB volunteer took the lot  off  to his home
to do  what he called a "rebuild" He then realised I could have the  spent the
rest of my  life trying to register Jaws Home to XP Professional."Window eyes
it would not matter or Dolphin, but Jaws will want more money out of you to run
Jaws Professional, so the whole lot had to come off. then  mistakes were made
with the  Interceptors and Drivers.  By  now it was May not March. I managed to
stave off a nervous breakdown when Andrew said send the lot to him and he would
clean it all off and do a re-build as he  would do  normally, he  likes working
on computers.  My experience was  so harrowing it has left me very  very
careful. Dorothy PS On top of all this there were conflicting view points.
Example George said what the Viglen Engineer did was "illegal and Microsoft
take no  prisoners but Steve Dryden  the owner of this list assumed charitably
that Viglen Engineer whilst  seeing to the system had given me an upgrade.  I
still am unclear on this point. I mean in the end the agony of it all was so
awful I  would have paid the extra for Jaws Professional  even if I do not need
it.  However  if George was right and if  the Viglen Engineer acted unlawfully,
would I have been complicit in an unlawful action had I done that? I have asked
 around a bit and  have not had any firm answer on this point.  I said to
George."But Viglen may have paid for it, if they did where was the illegality"
Answer came there none.  So have a natter amongst yourselves on this point Ok.