[jaws-uk] Disc Clean up and Defrag again

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:02:04 +0100

Have been  away for a few days and see this topic once more.  I know it  was
most likely pure chance that I had  the  hard drive Failure  after doing a
Defrag. Andrew Hodgeson is on holiday for the moment or i would ask him to
explain the risks of for example  perhaps not finishing the  job and,well all I
can recall it is to do with Indexes.  I think I did let it finish. I have a
little sight. I recall it gave percentage readings. In appearance all I could
see was what looked  little  vertical coloured sticks of  sea-side rock. It
mentioned Graphics all the time and numbers. I realised for the first time that
in fact  the whole of Windows must be Graphics and numbers.  I did not turn
anything off,  have you told Val  if she should turn off the Firewall? Should
she? How about AVG Ant-virus should that be turned off?. I am assuming the Disc
clean up  is straight forward. It is the Defrag and some one said  as it took a
long time they brought it to a halt. Was that wise? Had I not been through an
agony I would assume as George is that Drives  are tough things and can stand a
lot. I have however in the last  three days spoken to four people who all
suffered a Drive failure,  so why is this? They did not use Jaws they said "it
just happened"  so not so tough. Remember what Phil Medway said "Treat your
hardrive  like your Granny's best Crystal  Dorothy.