[jaws-uk] Re: Desktop annoyance

  • From: "Tink Watson" <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:41:41 +0100

Scott,

    This could be a Jaws, rather than XP issue. Check the following:

1. With nothing open on the XP desktop, press Insert 6, to open the
windowsos.jcf file.
2. Press alt s, and select the User Options menu.
3. Tab to the Screen Echo setting.
4. Make sure that Highlighted text is selected.

    It's possible that it may be set to echo all text, which is one cause of
this problem.

Tink.

  _____