[jaws-uk] Debbie Scales Jaws and laptops

  • From: "dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <User@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 23:48:38 +0100

I think you are right there was a topic not long ago  on this list to the
effect  that some laptops may say Home Up but will be treated as if
Professional. It ran for a while. Debbie I will try to do as you say in the
morning,Thing is it took a lot of effort to get anyone out of my Association
for the Blind only the Chairman managed  they said put through  paces. well
I have been listing all the  problems. I think  one of them should come back
if only as they couldn't link up my laptop to me Printer and I know this is
possible, needs the drivers  downloading and then I can print with it. I
cannot printout at all with laptop till that is  Re Theme one of them
commented on the odd appearance of my laptop. I have always asked for
Classic  Lay out, if I look in Theme I shallbe very wary as when Tony Berry
once he made changes in  Theme it was disastrous.  However that was prior to
Lunar doing the colouring to inverse Mode so Jaws should be free to work in
Standard mode. if the worst comes to it I shall ask them to phone and talk
through on my hands free phone and of course I have the Desktop set up so
beautifully by Andrew. come to think of it laptop does knot look in
appearance anything like Desktop. you see it loads with Lunar like a dark
patch in left hand corner for starters.  it says checkbox not checked whis
fine I want it like that if I check with tapping Spacebar,then magnification
takes over. I am not using that although I may in future I am using Lunar
purely to give me Inverse colour  Black screen White Font, dark room, there
is no one at all around sighted to assist hence the visit was important.
after great pressure. You mention Theme what would you expect it to be. Oh I
forget to mention Kurzweil loads first I prefer that, as I have to scan mail
first thing, no one else to  look even junk mail I check it all  Ps on
desktop Engineer putting on Xp Professional meant I couldn't register
Jaws,he may have thought he was helping me or just know Jaws. Dorothy my
Ocr is vitally important. Even what I may have for lunch from Freezer
Kurzweil  tellme all. Thank God. Dorothy.done.