[jaws-uk] Re: Creating folders...

  • From: "Barry" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:08:37 +0100

Hi Angela

Ok, this is going to be a long one and I hope you follow it alright.

on any selected item
To create a new folder:

1. In Windows Explorer, select the location for the folder. For example,
select the "My Documents" folder to create a subfolder within My Documents.
Putting all your files in

folders under My Documents will make it easier and quicker to make backups.
(

2. Hold down alt and press f, enter on New  then Folder from the drop down
menu.

3. Type in a folder name and press the <Enter> key.

You can move or copy files by using the Cut/Copy/Paste procedure the same as
you would using a word processor.  This can be done in any application that
shows the list of files, such as Word, Access, Windows Explorer.

To select consecutive files or folders, get the focus on the first item by
pressing the space bar, press and hold down the <Shift> key, and then arrow
down to or press End to select the last item.

To select files or folders that are not consecutive, select the first item
you want to move, press and hold down the <Ctrl> key, and then select with
the space bar each additional item.

To move or copy files or folders in any application:

1. Bring up a list of your files and folders either using Windows Explorer
or the file menu in an application.

2. Select the file(s) or folder(s) to move.

3. Either hold down ctrl and press x for cut or c for copy.  Alternatively,
hold down alt and press e, choose Cut or copy from the drop down menu.(or
click on the Cut button on the Toolbar or right-click on a file or a folder
to move and choose Cut from the 4. Select the destination folder.

5. Hold down ctrl and press v to paste.  Alternatively, hold down alt and
press e for edit and choose Paste from the drop down menu.

TIP: If you are copying files or folders to a disk or CD to make a backup,
you may want to check the total size of the files to make sure they will fit

on the disk. After selecting the files or folders, on any selected item,
press the right application key (to the left of the right ctrl key on the
bottom row of your keyboard) and choose Properties from the Shortcut menu.
In the Properties dialog

box you will see the information on the number of files, number of folders,
and total size of all selected items. Click OK. Copy your files if there is

enough room on the disk.

To rename a file or folder:

1. In any application, select the file or folder to rename.

2. Press F2 on the very top row of your keyboard.

3. Type the new file or folder name in the text box.

4. Press <Enter> key.

 -Have fun.

If you have any problems, get back to the list and I'm sure someone will
help.

Barry H
----