[jaws-uk] Clarification on how to enable virtualpc cursor and header listing

  • From: Siju Samuel <sijusamueltech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:33:45 -0500

Hi,
I have Chrome-based-browser.  (Not google chrome, instead it is a browser
application built on top f chromium from which the google chrome is also
built).   Jaws works well for speaking out at tabs and respecting ARIA tags
for the chrome-based-browser exactly similar to chrome.
But it is not reading when the arrow keys are pressed and  not
reading headers (when  press H) etc.

I debugged corresponding script file (firefox.jss) and it returns
IsPCVirtualPCCursor () as false. That is why it is not able to move with
respect to  arrow keys. Note that chrome browser  and firefox browser also
uses same firefox.jss, for which the function gives value as TRUE.   I also
used INSERT+Z to activate virtualPC, still it is not working for the
new-chromebased-browser.   Do there have a way to programmatically set
PCCursor. ?

Creating the virtaul PC buffer it is a part of script (.jss) ?

Thanks for any input.

Regards, Siju Samuel