[jaws-uk] Re: Adobe 7.0 Again

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:41:04 +0200

I had a very similar problem when installing adobe 7.0 from the jfwlite page in that widnows would not take the file association even when I tried to define it manually. all the time Adobe Rader would open and read a document just fine when I picked the "read" option from the context menu of the file I wanted to open.

temporarily assigned another program to open pdf files under the folder options. (I set pdf's to open in Finereader temporarily.) Then I went back into the file options and manually changed the file associations for pdf back to AR7 and it has worked perfectly for me ever since.

If you decide to go this route, remember to reboot between changing the file associations and maybe also use a regclean tool like regscrub to clean out the registry.

Good luck!

Cheers,

Doris The fix I eventualy worked out was that I

At 07:06 PM 8/23/2005 +0100, you wrote:

Hi all, especially Graham,
I cleaned Adobe from my systme and then installed Adobe from the JFW site
which Graham recommended.  The only difference is that now my wife can't use
it either.  When you try to open it or click on a .PDF file, nothing
happens.  You don't get the familiar message about Windows wanting to know
what program created the file.

Where do I go next?

Colin

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 267.10.14/79 - Release Date: 8/22/2005