[jaws-uk] ASDA

  • From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Jaws'" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 11:09:01 +0100

As we are discussing inaccessible websites, I wonder whether any of you are
using the new and "improved?" ASDA site.  It was cumbersome enough before,
but now they have redesigned it things just don't seem to work.  For
example, I have just tried to do some shopping, and the first thing I was
told was that my delivery slot had expired.  As I hadn't even booked one
yet, this was a puzzle.  When I pressed the book another slot button I got a
message saying the page could not be found.  I went back to the previous
page and then tried pressing on my favourites.  There is a heading "your
favourites", and then it says that there is a handy list of all my
favourites, and even tells me how many there are and in how many shelves.
However, no list appears on the page.  This site is also extremely slow

Quite frankly, whatever you think of Tesco, their site is the best.  It is
very quick to load pages, has loads of useful headings to jump around, and
whether you use the main site or the accessible version it is really easy to
use.

Sainsburys is not bad either.  I would be interested to hear what others
think.  Perhaps those of us on older versions of JAWS are having problems
because of Java, Ajax or some other reason, but some of us have to save hard
before we can get an upgrade, and even then there are no guarantees.

Wendy