[jaws-uk] Re: 64-bit version of JFW and Windows Server 2008?

  • From: Andrew Hodgson <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 21:25:00 +0000

Hi,

That figures, Server 2003 64-bit was based on the XP 64-bit, which nobody seems
to want to touch.  We are using it on a couple of machines at work for SQL
only, but it has use with only a limited number of MS products.

All our Server 2008 deployments so far have been on 64-bit, and other than
printer drivers we aren't seeing any other issues.  MS are really pushing us
down this road now with all their new apps.

My test server at home is virtual (and I don't think I can use remote desktop
with my current license), so I will have to wait a couple of weeks until I can
build a desktop machine with a sound card to WS 2008.

Thanks.
Andrew.