[jaws-uk] 32 cell BrailleNote MPower for sale in the UK just �600

  • From: John Ramm <john@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 22:46:49 +0000

Hi All

Here I have a 32-cell BrailleNote which I have
owned from new about six years ago. It uses
braille input keys and is running the latest
version of Keysoft, Keysoft CE version 8.1 build
23. It is in the really sturdy leather case which
they provided for the MPower which is much
stronger than the cases for the Apex. It has the
original mains adapter, a compactflash wireless
card, and I will throw in two 8Gb compactflash
memory cards as I'm a really nice guy! :) There
is also a neat PCMCIA to Compactflash converter
which goes in the side of the unit and allows you
to utilise two compactflash devices at the same
time, I.E. the wireless card and one of the
memory cards! I have the original box and I'm
sure I've got the serial cable knocking around
somewhere which I will include when I send the machine.

The battery loses it's charge more quickly than
it did originally but isn't dead yet, and there
is some slight damage to the plastic keys - just
scratches as I used it as a GPS device and some
"wear and tare" is inevitable. Some of the
braille cells are fainter than others which
suggests it could probably do with a good clean
at humanware, but it's usable as is and the
cursor routing keys all work well. .

I can also include the latest version of the
Sendero GPS software, version 2012.5 build 466
MPower with UK and Ireland maps which is a great
piece of software although it has it's faults like anything else.

You know how rediculously expensive these things
are, so I'd be looking for offers around £600 for
this lot, but I'm happy to discuss the price with
anyone who is seriously interested.
Any further questions, please just get in touch
by emailing john@xxxxxxxxxxxx or give me a call on 07801 734722.

Look forward to hearing from you

John Ramm