[jala-dev] ANN: Jala 1.2

  • From: <robert.gaggl@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jala-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:59:19 +0200

Hi everybody,

we're proud to announce the release of version 1.2 of Jala. This release
contains a number of enhancements and bugfixes, but first of all an
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Due to the ongoing stability and performance problems of our former
hosting provider opensvn.csie.org we decided to move the project to a
new home. From now on you'll find Jala at https://dev.orf.at/jala, so
please make sure to update your bookmarks. If you have a local svn
working copy of Jala you'll need to replace it with a fresh check out:

svn checkout http://dev.orf.at/source/jala/branches/release-1.2 ./jala

With release 1.2 Jala got three new modules, most important Stefan's
fabulous Form.js [1]. If you're tired of creating HTML forms and
validating/handling submitted form data over and over again, you'll love
Form.js. Have a look at the documentation [2] for more information on
how to make use of it in your applications.

Second, also developed by Stefan, Jala now includes Mp3.js [3], now
featuring easy read *and* write access to metadata stored in ID3 tags
(both version 1 and 2). This library replaces Mp3Info.js.

Other changes in Jala 1.2 include a new Database module for easy
creation and use of embedded in-memory and file-based relational
databases. Using this module the Jala unit test framework is now capable
to switch an application to an (optionally pre-filled) in-memory test
database during the runtime of a test.

For more information about the above and all other changes please point
your browser to https://dev.orf.at/jala/wiki/Download. As usual this
release comes with complete API documentation [4] and detailed
description of all available modules [5], which should make using Jala a
breeze. We hope you like this new release as much as we do.

kind regards,
Robert

[1]
http://dev.orf.at/source/jala/branches/release-1.2/docs/jala.Form.html