[j-say list] Re: remote desktop synchronisation with pacmate

  • From: "Scott Erichsen" <scott.erichsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 03:48:31 +0100

To get your speech coming out of the PAC Mate, do the following:

1. go to the JAWS window or the JAWS option in the system tray
2. choose options/basics...
3. tab around to the button that says "advanced..."
4. make sure both the boxes, remote access speech and remote access Braille are
checked.

Note: if you want to use J-Say this way, the check box in the advanced dialogue
that says: "use authorisation from PAC Mate" should be unchecked as it will
tell you J-Say is not authorised if it is checked.

Hope this helps.

Scott Erichsen
Support and Training, Blindness Products

T & T Consultancy Australia Pty LTD.

795 Pacific Highway,
Gordon,
NSW, 2072

Tel: +612 9499 5075
Fax: +612 9499 5073
Website: www.tandt-consultancy.com.au

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, disclose, distribute,
copy, print or rely on this e-mail's content. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete the email and
any attachments from your system. T&T Consultancy Australia PTY Limited have
made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any attachments generated by
its staff are free from viruses. However, it cannot accept any responsibility
for any viruses which are transmitted.
We therefore recommend you scan all received e-mail messages.

From: "Hemachandran Karah" <hk283@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22/10/2008 3:12 pm

Dear all,

I'm using a Bluetooth headset for dictation.  When I connect pacmate to the
desktop and listen to the dictation through the PGA, I have a problem.  The
remote jaws is slow and sluggish when it is controlled through my PDA.
moreover, I would like to used Bluetooth for connecting the pacmate as well.
please help me.

With kind regards,
Hema.

database 3545 (20081022) __________