[j-say list] Re: internal recognizer error!

  • From: "Pace Arko" <jsay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 10:48:57 -0800

Hello Judy,

Normally when you get internal recognizer errors, this is due to improperly
shutting down Dragon or improperly shutting down Windows while Dragon is
running. Here is the step by step to fix your error:

1) Close Dragon NaturallySpeaking before continuing.

2) Navigate into the Users folder in the installation folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking\Users\

(by default on XP with Dragon version 9, 10 or 11)

C:\ProgramData\Nuance\NaturallySpeaking[10 or 11]\Users

(by default on Vista or Windows 7 with Dragon version 10 or 11)

3) In the "Users" folder, go into the Folder that corresponds to the user
that is corrupt.

4) Rename the "current" folder to "old".

5) Make a copy in the same location of the folder named "backup".

6) Then rename the folder called "copy of backup" to "current".

7) Reboot the machine and start Dragon. The User should now load
successfully.

8) If not, and if you have no backups of your voice profile in any other
locations which you could import in, you'll have to delete the profile and
start again from scratch with a new profile.

You'll also want to read this article about how to fix the internal
recognizer error in Dragon:

http://tinyurl.com/ykrts86  (Leads to the specific tech support article in
Nuance knowledgebase.)

Otherwise, I defer to what Ed said or may say.

Pace

Behalf