[j-say list] Re: Outlook Issues

  • From: Mark Cox <mscoxjunk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:15:32 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks for the all responses.

I have determined that Outlook is not in focus at startup because of Word. From
what I have determined on the system I am working on is that if Oulook is
configured to 'Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages' then
Outlook loads up Word (if it is not already open). This is the the correct
procedure but for some reason is the cause of this problem.
For example, imagine Windows XP has just loaded. No applications are running
and I start Outlook, which after loading has completed is not in focus. The
only task on the taskbar is Outlook. If I then press Alt-Tab I can choose
between two tasks; Word and Outlook. If I select Outlook and then try Alt-Tab
again no task list is shown, as only one task (Outlook) is open.
I can 'fix' this issue by turning off  'Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit
e-mail messages'. Does anybody know if this is ok with J-Say?

now.
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/