[j-say list] Re: More on my DLL Error

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:07:50 -0600

Hello Brian. What you say sounds eminently reasonable to me, but in all of
my reading of Dragon manual since version 4 I don't think I ever heard it
stated as you do here. I've always functioned under this strange supposition
that my voice files have been a culmination of years of effort, and have
been reluctant to discard them. Nevertheless, I have to admit that doing the
new profile for version 9 seems to work quite well. I'll keep this in mind
for future upgrades.

In version 8 I noticed that the company touted Dragon's ability to learn
from correcting selected material without using the correction dialog. I
don't think I've seen that in version 9, and certainly have not in the J-Say
training manual. I gather that current thinking is that one should use the
correction dialog for the system to learn, and the select and replace win
one has changed his mind rather than encountered a correction error.

I finish this rather long post with one additional question. When my wife is
composing on her Dell Computer and using either Microsoft Outlook express or
Microsoft Word, there are times when her computer will begin repeating the
letter on which her cursor rests. I made a point several months ago going
through in configuring her computer according to jaws specifications, but
other people use it, and I fear that they have changed something in the
display settings. If you have any ideas about where I should look, short of
going through each and every setting in Chapter 4, I'd appreciate it.
Otherwise, Chapter 4 is where I'll be.

Warmest regards to all,

Gary Wunder