[j-say list] A report on my woes

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "j-say List" <j-say@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:08:35 -0500

Several days ago I reported that I could not get Dragon NaturallySpeaking to
properly capitalized phrases I had defined for it. I called Nuance, and they
assured me that the only way I could get Dragon NaturallySpeaking to
understand that it was to capitalize National Federation of the Blind was to
create a command. Finally I did the last thing I knew to do: I went back and
restored from a previous backup. Now the system works perfectly. I cannot
explain this, because I assume that all that was restored was my previous
profile. I had created a new profile as a way to try to solve this problem,
but it was no better than my old profile. Anyway, problem solved, but
solutions still elusive! I can now say American Foundation for the Blind,
American Council of the Blind, National Federation of the Blind, and other
things, and have some real certainty that they are correct. It is still
somewhat hit and miss, but several days ago it was consistently wrong. Thank
you for all of you who listened and offered suggestions.

Gary