[iyonix-support] Re: Which way pyjamas?

  • From: Chris <smart1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:48:16 +0000 (GMT)

> > <ignorant guess> Could the variation of the direction of the
> > stripes depend on the monitor? </ignorant>

I think there is more than one display problem. The full pyjamas,
vertical stripes) which appear at boot, and which I have never seen.
Rebooting (perhaps more than once) seems to clear it.

There then appears to be a horizontal striped effect, possibly
related to lazy task switching. I don't think I have seen that one.

What I see are random horizontal white flashes over the screen, a
pixel high, which appear after the screen saver has been woken up and
the machine has been doing some heavy processing. This is cured by a
simple F12, rmreinit nvidia <return> <return>. This effect is also
random - a couple of weeks ago I saw it a number of times, whereas
last week, I don't think it happened at all. My machine, an early one
now over five years old, is on 24/7 but does get an occasional reboot.

      Chris...

--
Chris Johnson