[iyonix-support] Unable to post my query :(

  • From: John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 12:59:56 +0100

I have tried to post this on comp.sys.acorn.networking but for some reason
it would not send. So forgive me for asking here!

Having set up VA RPC-Adjust on a new Windows7 laptop, I am having problems
setting up the wireless network.
I have set the starting address for devices on the LAN Setup page of the
router (DGN2200) as 192.168.0.12 and "Use router as DHCP server" ticked.
In the Iyonix Hosts file I have set :
192.168.0.12 Stefan-PC
192.168.0.13 Lambo
192.168.0.14 SqueezeboxController
192.168.0.15 Squeezebox
192.168.0.17 Kyocera
192.168.0.18 Printer
192.168.0.22 Ix
and done the same in the hosts file in
Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

So, thinking this should set everything up, and having re-booted both
machines, I tried pinging each way.
From both the Iyo and the Win7 machines, pinging by name brings up the
selected IP addresses, but no response.
Pinging 192.168.0.4 however, produces a fast return with no packet loss, as
does 192.168.0.3

What is going on? There should be nothing attached at those addresses
and I don't know what is replying. When I enter a name, the expected
(specified) IP address is shown, but not the other way round.
Is there a RISCOS (or DOS) command which will interpret what addresses
correspond to what devices?

The only other devices which respond (and the 2 printers are on) are
192.168.0.12 Stefan-PC   : a windows7 laptop
192.168.0.14 SqueezeboxController
192.168.0.15 Squeezebox

Having said all that, the network all works fine, (Win7, VA and the Iyo all
communicate normally and connect to the net) and the only reason I am
struggling is trying without success so far to get the attached Squeezebox
to connect, which I suspect is due to these conflicts in the IP addresses,
although the two associated addresses respond to pings.

Can anyone help, please?
Confused,
John

--